Interview with Steve Vold – Creator of Zombie B.C.
Hey gang! We scored another interview this week. We were able to bring back Steve Vold, the mind behind Zombie B.C. We’ve been told that the comic should release within the next week or two, so be on the lookout. We’ll provide links at the bottom, so that you can stay updated!
1) Hey Steve! Great to have you back. We know you’re a busy guy with the release of your new comic coming out real soon, so we’ll just jump right into our question onslaught. So we’re curious, when did you first come up with the idea to create Zombie B.C.?
About 10 years ago I was talking zombies with my friend Matt. Something we still do to this day. He brought up the idea of zombies and caveman, and never has anything ever made so much sense in my life. From that day on it’s pretty much been my center of existence.
2) A project 10 years in the works. We have to commend you on your dedication to see it through. What has been your best experience throughout this whole process?
Getting a finished product after so long is probably one of the greatest feelings of my life. I’m really on cloud nine about this comic finally getting printed after nearly a decade of being in the works.
3) We can only imagine. What have you found to be the most complicated piece?
Lots of people ask me that, and the answer is finding a talented artist and keeping them. Several gifted artists wanted to do this, but once they realized how long a page takes from beginning to end, the excitement wears out fast. Fortunately, Steven Williams has been solid from day one.
4) And he’s definitely done a fine job. He does fantastic work. So, what are your plans for the future? Any more comic book releases, or do you have some other projects in mind?
I plan to at least finish the series (3 total issues) in the next 12-16 months. The dream is having a graphic novel with three separate stories of a zombie outbreak taking place in the past, present, and future. If that day ever happens I wouldn’t be surprised if a real outbreak occurs.
5) (Outbreak? Don’t tease us with a good time.) We’d love to see this thing take off into a graphic novel for sure. Definitely keep us in the loop.
We know we’ve already asked you this before, but we wanted to put in this interview. Give us the scoop on your ZPOC plan: Location you’re heading and weapon you’re carrying:
Assuming I don’t get stuck in a traffic jam and just die in my car, I’m going for the countryside in Northern MN. I figure if you can make it ’til December, your odds of surviving greatly improve due to the freezing cold winter. My main request would be having a working well. A solar panel and a solid fence are a close second. Sadly, I don’t own any firearms, so I’m rolling with my 24″ wrecking bar, a sturdy blade, and a lighter as my essentials. I’m not really skilled at anything, but I’m okay at a lot of things. If I really wanted to survive, I’d have to find find others.
6) You’re more than welcome to come hang with us. (And a fine choice in weapon…can’t go wrong with a wrecking bar.) Are there any supporters you’d like to send a shout-out to?
I want to say a special thanks to Rick Wofford, Lorenzo Mendez, Karen Wolski, and Matt Yuhasz. They are people I’ve never met in person, but they are hardcore fans and have showered me with support. I’d also like to thank you guys (Advanced Zombie Readiness) and Horrorkick/Comickick for taking a huge interest.
7) Definitely…we’re fans of great work. Anything you’d like to add before we head out? Shameless plugs, grandma’s birthday, got a new cat…anything at all. The floor’s yours.
I’m going in for a tattoo consultation at Uptown Tattoo on Saturday and we’re going to talk about finishing my leg wrap. I have the zombie theme going on right now, but I’m 99% certain I want to get Tanya Roberts from Beastmaster (1982) as a beautiful zombie to complete it.
Hell yeah…we like your style. Hey, man, it’s been great having you. Thanks for giving our readers the inside scoop on Zombie B.C.’s history. We’re really pumped for the finished product. Definitely keep us in the loop for the release. We’ll all be waiting patiently until then.
Check out Zombie B.C. on Facebook to keep up-to-date for the actual release: https://www.facebook.com/ZombieBc